- This will be my first year at Sparkman High School, but my twenty-second year of teaching.
- I am coming from Helena High School in Shelby county, Alabama.
- B.A. English, Auburn University, 1995
- M.Ed English Education, Auburn University, 1996
- Teaching AP 11 and Regular 10 English
- Married for fifteen years to my husband Chris, a Decatur native, and we have two boys, 14 and 11
- Have two dogs: Larry Sellers (a lab mix) and Beagle Bailey (a beagle)
- Went to high school at Robert E. Lee High School in Montgomery, AL: class of 1991
- Love reality shows and real life mysteries
- Favorite writers: Stephen King, John Irving, Charles Dickens, J.D. Salinger, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Lorrie Moore, David Sedaris